If you're new to reading your bible, we have a guide that will help you get started. This Bible reading guide highlights some key chapters in the New Testament. It is perfect for a new reader or for a refresher course on the New Testament.
I'm New to Bible Reading!
For those of you who are new to the Bible, here are two great online resources to help you get started and grow in your faith:
How Do I Read the Bible?The Bible is actually 66 different books in one. Here's how you find a particular verse, such as John 3:16:
1. In the Table of Contents, find out what page John starts on. Go to that page.
2. In the book of John, there are larger numbers to indicate the chapter. Find 3.
3. The smaller numbers in front of sentences are verses, find 16.
John 3 Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him. 3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. 4. How can a man be born when he is old? Nicodemus asked. Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born! 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, "You must be born again. 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.9"How can this be?î Nicodemus asked. 10"You are Israel's teacher, said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? 11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heavenóthe Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lif ted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lif ted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him
Answers From The Bible1. How do I know that there is a God? John 1:14,18, John 14:9-14, John 20:29-31
2. How do I know that the Bible is true? John 5:39-40, John 7:17, Acts 17:11-12
3. How can I understand the Bible? I Corinthians 2:9-14, John 16:13, Luke 11:13
4. Will I go to Heaven if I am doing my best to be good? John 3:5-6,36, Romans 3:19-20, Galatians 3:10
5. Why did Jesus have to die to save sinners? Romans 8:3, Galatians 3:10, Romans 5:12,19
6. What do I have to do to become a Christian? Matthew 11:28, John 6:29,37, Acts 16:31
7. What is repentance? How do I repent? Luke 24:46-47, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 20:21
8. How do I come to Christ? I John 1:1-3, Romans 10:8-17, Mark 10:49-50
9. Why do I need faith? Romans 10:17, Ephesians 1:12-13, Luke 16:29-31
10. How do I know that my sins will be forgiven? Mark 2:5, Luke 7:48-50, Acts 13:38-39